VocalEye is thrilled to partner with the Vancouver Fringe Festival to make their annual theatre extravaganza “Low Vision Friendly” and more accessible to people from the blind and low vision community.
The Vancouver Fringe Festival runs for 11 days (September 7 to 17) and features 100 productions on and around Granville Island and the Commercial Drive neighbourhoods.
Perks for VocalEye Members
Free Companion Rate: Regular ticket price is $14. People with vision loss may bring a sighted companion for no extra charge.
Complimentary Fringe Memberships: A Fringe membership is required to attend any show. Regular price is $5 and these memberships will be provided free to VocalEye members while quantities last. You will need your to present your Fringe Membership with your tickets at the door.
Priority Seating: Most of the seating is general admission, so please let the ushers know you require priority seating and they will reserve seats for you.
Please Note: Theatre Buddies are NOT available for this event.
HOW TO GET YOUR FRINGE ON
Some advice for having fun at the Fringe from Low Vision Friendly Frequent Fringer and KickAss Reviewer, Deb Fong:
FUN AT THE FRINGE FESTIVAL (Word doc)
- go through the schedule and choose the shows, dates and show times
- Tickets are $14 with a free companion rate, so you can bring a friend
- phone or email Paige with your ticket request, mentioning VocalEye
- if you don’t have a Fringe membership yet, please let Paige know
- Paige will process your payment and send your e-tickets in an email labelled with the show title in the subject line
Paige’s contact info: email@example.com or 604-762-5294
Advance booking is advised. Please allow 48 hours to process your request.
At the venue
- bring your e-tickets on your smart phone or the printed versions with your Fringe memberships to the venue
- arrive at least 20 minutes before the show starts
- upon arrival, tell the Box Office and Front of House volunteers that you require priority/reserved seating and let them know where you would like to sit.
- line up at the front of the line until the house opens
Please note: priority seating may not be available after the house opens (15 minutes before show time)
Our KickAss reviewer and low vision consultant, Deborah Fong, has 19 shows on her list this year. Her reviews and recommendations will be published here and shared on Facebook and Twitter. Send us your reviews for the chance to win tickets to next year’s Fringe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to Eat
Near Sudio 16: Salades des Fruits
We hope these accessibility initiatives will make it easy and affordable for you to grab a friend and have a Fringetastic time! Let us know what you think!