This special presentation, in partnership with the Vancouver Writers Fest, celebrates the live-only, sold-out return of the Festival’s flagship event, the Literary Cabaret 2021, edition.
Join us for a magical coalescence of author readings and improvised songs; an atmospheric, immersive evening of spoken word and music.
Six talented authors will read excerpts from their latest works:
- critically acclaimed author Mona Awad, All’s Well
- writer, composer, and poet Gary Barwin, Nothing the Same, Everything Haunted
- award-winning journalist and author Marcello Di Cintio, Driven
- bestseller and award-winner Omar El Akkad, What Strange Paradise
- lauded memoirist Christa Couture, How To Lose Everything
- award-winning, inspirational voice Darrel McLeod, Peyakow
Cabaret host Sally Zori will introduce the authors and provide musical inspiration and improvisation with their band, Sally Zori & The Allegories.
Host Amy Amantea will be joined by special guest Sarah Wang who will be giving away some audiobooks and cool Writers Festival swag!
The VocalEye virtual lobby opens at 6:30 pm Pacific Time for some socializing and community updates with host Amy Amantea. The pre-show introduction will begin at 6:45 pm with Amy and guests. The featured show begins at 7 pm followed by conversation, Q and A and a prize draw.
If you’ve never attended a VocalEye Almost Live Zoom event before, you can register for just one event or sign up for the full season. A Zoom link and reminder will be sent to you on the day of the event. Almost Live events are designed for people with sight loss, but everyone is welcome.
Register here or call 604-364-5949