VocalEye is working with our theatre and event partners to keep patrons, volunteers and staff as safe as possible during this public health emergency. We’re all following the guidelines from the BC Ministry of Health and trust that you are, too.
The following described performances and related community events have been cancelled:
- The Children’s Hour at the University of Victoria
- 1979 at the Belfry
- Capture Photography described tour
- Described tours at the Vancouver Art Gallery
- VocalEye Sighted Guide Workshop
- carried away on the crest of a wave at the Arts Club Stanley
- The Boy in the Moon at The Cultch
- Briefs at The York
- ‘Da Kink in My Hair at the Arts Club
- Wheel Voices for Realwheels
- Kinky Boots at the Arts Club
- Peter Pan Goes Wrong at the Arts Club
- Hello Dolly! at Theatre Under the Stars
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream at Bard on the Beach
- Henry V at Bard on the Beach
- Celebration of Light Fingerworks for Fireworks
- Vancouver Pride Parade
- plus productions at the UNO Festival and rEvolver Festival
VocalEye’s last live described performance was Cipher at the Arts Club Granville Island on March 6, 2020.
The impact of these cancellations on the arts has been enormous. Your patience, understanding and support are deeply appreciated as we navigate this storm together. When the curtain goes up, we want you there with us, celebrating the joy of theatre, the gift of community and the grace of all good things!
Until then, please take good care, follow the protocols and stay tuned for updates.