Join host Amy Amantea for a new season of free and accessible Virtual VocalEye Almost Live Zoom events, starting October 1!
VocalEye’s Another Season Full of Zoom replaces our live events until a Covid-19 vaccine is available. We’re presenting a variety of described performance videos (theatre, opera, dance), festival highlights, visual art tours, described film screenings, cultural tours, local artists and other special guests that you can enjoy from the comfort of your own home via Zoom. Designed to be accessible for audience members who are blind and partially sighted, but sighted guests are always welcome.
Almost Live events are scheduled Wednesday evenings at 6:30 pm and the last Sunday of the month at 1:30 pm.
Register for your free Zoom link by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 604-364-5949. Please let us know your location and if you are a member of the blind/low vision community or a sighted guest. Previous registrants need not re-apply. Be sure to add VocalEye to your contact list and check your junk folder so you don’t miss a thing!
Here’s a brief overview of our fall lineup:
4. Dance in Frame, an evening of described dance films from All Bodies Dance Project, with special guest choreographer/dancers Carolina Bergonzoni and Harmanie Rose on Wednesday, October 21 at 6:30 pm.
6. Little Volcano, a musical self-portrait with singer, songwriter, musician, theatre-maker Veda Hille on Wednesday, October 28 at 6:30 pm
7. Virtual tour of Kent Monkman’s Shame and Prejudice art exhibit at the Museum of Anthropology, with special guest curator Issaku Inami on Wednesday, November 4 at 6:30 pm.
[No event scheduled November 11, Remembrance Day]
9. Flight Paths, an interactive animation from Extant Theatre, with special guest performance artist Sarah Houbolt zooming in from Australia on Wednesday, November 25 at 6:30 pm.
10. Romeo and Juliet, a described performance from Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre on Wednesday, December 2 at 6:30 pm
11. Holiday Lockdown with Tippi & Stan, an evening of storytelling and song with special guest Dorothy Dittrich on Wednesday, December 9 at 6:30 pm
Check the event links for full details.
Can’t access the interweb? Call the VocalEye hotline 1-833-548-3393 (833-LIVE-EYE) for a quick and easy listing of events.
What Our Zoom Guests Are Saying:
“My experience on Wednesday evening was a satisfying one from beginning to end. I look forward to the next performance!”
“Zoom worked very well for me and I had no technical issues.”
“Love being able to watch from home. Hope these virtual shows will continue even after Covid.”
“I was very impressed with the overall presentation, what a great idea.”
“I watched the play with my sighted husband, and he also enjoyed it greatly.”
“This was fabulous! Thank you so much.”
“I loved, loved, loved Tippi and Stan!”
“I loved Dorothy’s reading, and the discussion afterwards. I can’t wait for the next installment!”
“Thank you for these evenings! They add to my week immeasurably.”